THIS RANT 22/10/96
Rant Of The Day is where I get to mouth off about whatever I feel like for however long I like. Theoretically, I'll update my whinge/opinion piece every weekday; in practice, maybe not so often.
Where to find Smurfs online
My disappointment with the range of Toy Island range of Smurf playthings continues. I've just purchased the Dippin' Diner 2-In-1 Fun Playset, as pictured, which allows you to place Greedy Smurf in either a hot dog stand or on a fishing ramp. Sure it's groovy and sure it's on display in my lounge room, but Greedy still looks like he's suffering from a bad case of demonic possession. To alleviate my dissatisfaction, here's a guide to seven Smurf locations online:
- The Ultimate Web Smurf Club is easily the best site we've seen. Although it deals largely with the collectible figurines, it covers them in exhaustive detail, with plenty of illustrations, lots of history, an FAQ, swap and trade sections, and a useful set of other links.
- We can't mention every sub-page of the Ultimate Web Smurf Club, but one that is worth noting is The British Smurf Collector's Club, which offers the facility to purchase classic Smurfs online. No details on overseas postage, but we promise to get back to you on that one.
- For something different, try out the giant balloon Smurf from Sweden.
- Fancy a theme park dedicated to the Smurfs? Sure, it's in France, but you can't have everything.
- The Smurf Equivalency Dictionary aims to prove that "all of the most successful 1980's sitcoms were based on the Smurfs". Hmmm . . .
- Inevitably, some sicko has gotten into the sex life of Smurfs (and equally inevitably, I'm telling you about it).
- And as a useful contrast, here's someone who just hates the Smurfs outright. Seems a bit of a waste of time when there's a Coalition government to despise.
If you don't care about Smurfs, why are you still reading this? If you do, you'll be pleased to know that Alta Vista has over 3000 Smurf-related documents in its index. Get Web Smurfing!
Click here to contact Gus
Go back up a level
Return to Gusworld Central