Is There Something I Should Scull?
The Duran Duran Drinking Game
Duran Duran: God knows I love them. Drinking: that's something I like too. Unfortunately, there has never been a way to combine the two. Until now. Gusworld is more than usually proud to present Is There Something I Should Scull?: The Duran Duran Drinking Game.
What you need
Something to drink: Alcoholic is good, but if you feel you can achieve the frenzied yelling required without the aid of alcohol, go for it. Some people may want to go the whole hog and drink Duran-related beverages, such as ultra-expensive authentic French champagne. However, if you can afford that, one would assume you have better things to do with your life than play stupid drinking games. Remember: many members of Duran don't drink anymore, so emulating them too much could be dangerous.
Some friends: Duran-tolerant ones would be best, but it's amazing what the promise of alcohol can do to someone's opinion.
Some Duran Duran videos: especially from the 1980-1985 period. For this I recommend Decade or the Video Album (which has, naturally, been deleted).
The DD drinking game follows the same principle as many drinking games: you down a shot (or ten) when a certain event occurs. Feel free to vary the rules if you like. Do whatever you want, see if I care. However, it is important to yell the name of whatever you've spotted as loudly as possible in order to get the mood happening. Anyway: Fill your glass and get to it.
MEDICAL WARNING FROM SPANKY: Watching the 'Save A Prayer' video will probably leave you comatose; the risk and the stains are yours and yours alone.
Whenever you spot one of the following, drink the prescribed dose:
- Body Parts/People:
- Topless person (male): 1 shot
- Topless person (female): 2 shot
- Bare feet: 2 shots
- Any band member who changes hair colour from the previous video: 3 shots (note that if you are watching post 1988 videos, a change in haircut will suffice)
- A child: 1 shot
- Band member snogging somebody: 3 shots
- Any white item of clothing: 1 shot; take a bonus shot if it is those white leather shoes
- Any item of clothing that is rolled up (eg shirt sleeve, trouserlegs): 2 shots
- Tie tucked into shirt: 3 shots
- Ooh! How exotic!:
- A boat: 1 shot
- A body of water: 1 shot (vary according to size of water; a glass of water would necessitate 1 shot, but the ocean could require 3 or 4)
- An elephant: 2 shots
- Ancient architecture (such as a statue): 1 shot
- A resident of Sri Lanka or Antigua: 1 shot (so Sri Lankan kiddies will get you two shots and if they're dancing around some ancient architecture, don't hold back)
- Russell Mulchay's been let loose:
- A split screen: 1 shot
- Lack of continuity: 1 shot
- Re-use of old video footage: 2 shots
If you think there isn't enough here to get you out of your head quickly enough, feel free to email us some more suggestions.
Click here to contact Gus
Go back to Music Matters
Return to Gusworld Central